Why join us?
We are helping medical doctors on their day-to-day, by creating a new digital ecosystem where they can easily access the most useful professional resources. By wasting less time searching for the content & tools they need, they have more time for what really matters: their patients.
Tonic App is speeding up! We are conquering new markets, building even more amazing tools and our team is getting bigger!
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer and this is a great opportunity for you if you are looking for an exciting career change in a fast-growing start-up and you want to be part of a company that is shaping the future of digital health.
Be part of a talented, smart and easy-going team that is our best asset and great to work with!
What do we expect?
We are looking for a new team member who wants to develop software that has an impact on the lives of real people. We are rebuilding our architecture to API First development strategy and you will help us take it to the next level in terms of resilience and efficiency.
Your responsibilities, from day one, will include:
- Building resilient RESTFUL MicroServices, ensuring API design best practices
- Be ready and wilful to learn backend and web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns
- Work collaboratively, in an Agile environment, with designers and engineers, that will help you to grow, while being self-organised and working with little supervision
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code and review code from other engineers
- Monitor the platform, applications and services your team is responsible for
Who you are?
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 5+ years working in web related technologies
- Have experience developing applications or services using Python, PHP or Java
- Have knowledge of APIs and web services
- Have knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and SQL language
- Enjoy design and develop cloud-based software products conforming to industry best practices
- Resilient, passionate, self-motivated, able to learn quickly and team player
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Experience of 1 to 2 years in front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, JS
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with CICD and Observability/Monitoring tools (either open source or proprietary)
- Curiosity and interest in learning new languages and frameworks
- Unit Tests experience and comfortable with GIT